finally

ladies and gentelman, jmac has finally won his first battle in CM VoT. thanks for all of your advice to my many questions. (it only took 12 times to get it right). i forget the quote but it goes something like-place the enemy in a position of disadvantage thru the overwhelming position of force. "fight the enemy on your terms; make him move to engage you, at a time and place of your choosing".

Well, IIRC, you're the one that was having a hard time with CM's game mechanics as far as it not having the "gamey tactics" that other wargames have.

OK, basically the most important thing to remember while playing CM is to just do what makes sense on the battlefield. That's what makes CM so great and different than any other game to date! You don't have to discover what gamey tactics work for this game. You just do what a real-life commander would do to win a battle.

Actually, the main objective in CM is NOT capturing the objective flags, but to DESTROY the enemy. Capturing the flags is second priority, and if not unnecessary at times. smile.gif

I will agree with that. I have lost way to much in games where i was focused on getting to the flags. I am slowly realizing that I just need to use my men to fight my opponent rather than trying to move on the flags.

Just wish I had figured it out earlier because against a live opponent I have been getting the short end....

Guest Scott Clinton

Flags?

There are "Objective Flags" in CM?

smile.gifwink.gifsmile.gifwink.gif

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.