Need Help

Hello All,

I am new to Combat Mission, and I have a question, so forgive me for a dumb question. When I am online viewing Combat Mission websites, the "pictures of the day" show screen shots from CM. My question is, in these pictures the sky is blue with clouds, or there is a sunset, or overcast. Are these graphics suppose to be like that, or are they graphically enhanced from CM user who created his own grafic files, or is there a patch available that I do not know about. In my CM the sky is always white, and never changes from different scenarios or weather conditions. Is it suppose to be like that, or am I only one to be having this problem. Thanks for your help.

Ryan

When you say white, do you mean like there's nothing there? If so you've got a problem. There are mods for different backgrounds, but the standard CM has ones for different weather conditions that should be appearing.

------------------

“Out in front every one is holding out. Every one. My grenadiers and my engineers and my tank crews – they’re all holding their ground. Not a single man is leaving his post. They are lying silent in their foxholes for they are dead.” – Gen. Fritz Bayerlein on an order to hold his position

I would suggest you post this one over in the Tech Support Forum, as I believe you will get a better response.

There is a gentlemen over in that Forum, Schrullenhaft, that I am sure can shed some light on your situation.

I used to have the same problem as well. It was my video card. My problems with that went away by switching to a higher resolution in the game. But updating the drivers is a good idea too.

Try this first:

(For the PC)--

Goto your cmbo folder and delete the file called combat mission preferences.

Then adjust your screen resolution from your desktop. (I went from 800x600 to 1024x768.)

Reboot.

Then load the game. The game will prompt you to verify your video settings. Confirm that option. (This will create a new combat mission preferences file in your cmbo folder.)

Load a mission and look at the sky.

If that doesn't work. Delete the preference file again from your cmbo folder. Then go get the latest video driver update from the manufacturer, install it, reboot, reinstall the version of direct x that you are currently using now, reboot, start the game, confirm your video card selection, load a scenario and look for the sky.

Outside of that advice, I am at a loss for more suggestions. I hope that one of those ideas work for you.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

I'm still a psychophant...err sickophant...err elephant...err Nahvawhatsitsdamnnameagainwaffe...err (where's my meds?) sychophant...yeah, that's the ticket.