Flaming flamethrowers

Just curious, is it possible to shoot or frag a flamethrower unit and have it explode into flames? I assume this isn't simulated. I don't know how often it happened it "real life", but I know I've read accounts where guys that used this unit talked about it happening and their fear of having that strapped to their back. I think there has to be special circumstances for this to happen, as I believe two chemicals need to be mixed at the nozzle and then ignited for normal operation.

One thing I DO know is that troops generally did not like to be too close to flamethrower teams. With good reason. I bet you saw the scene in SPR wher that FT carrying soldier get's hit in the fueltank and takes some of his buddies standing in near proximity with him in the ensuing blast.

I've played VOT as US once only, but this real life knowledge alone was enough for me to keep my infantry at a respectable distance from FT teams. and I STILL don't even know if they CAN explode in the game! Never seen it happen, and I did get to kill a few...

------------------

Combat Axiom #49. It could be worse. It could be me.

Guest Big Time Software

CM's FT guys won't explode. I guess it could happen, but we honestly don't know how often, so we decided not to put it in the game.

Charles

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Oh but Charles, you could have the FT guys burst into a little flame like you do for buildings and then fall down as a casualty marker.

I say this with sad puppy eyes. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

CM's FT guys won't explode.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah! Back to the front line, you guys! MOVE, MOVE!! smile.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom #49. It could be worse. It could be me.

Can they light cigarretes with their flamethrowers? I read somewhere that this was possible, because they could only use the ignition if they wanted to, not adding the chemicals. It even made a nice hissing sound to get everyone nice and jumpy.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton 1920