Combat mission Suggestion

Hey COmbat Mission is Great but ther should do something about the long load time. The long load times are really annoying and takes away fromt he action. Also Battlefront should make another game like Combat mission but based on Modern Times. I would Love to controls M1A2 tanks and have Special Forces Soldiers.

Ray

The long load time is all that magical calculation going on in your computer that decides who gets shot and who gets not. smile.gif Sure, they can optimize their code but a lot of it has to do with the speed of your computer and the size of the battles that are being rendered by it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sirmess1:

Hey COmbat Mission is Great but ther should do something about the long load time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whaddaya mean, long load time? What are you running it on, a 286?

Seriously though, on my P667 256 mb/TNT2 32 Mb, it takes only a few seconds tongue.gif

Henri wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Henri (edited 08-07-2000).]

the big CPU hog seems to be armor movement and armor shot calculations. I had a massive battle that took 10+ minutes to calculate turns for and it was because of all the aromr moving/firing.

Jason (K6-2/350 which has a slow FPU in it)

Yes even a multi-battalion force takes but seconds on my Athlon 700 smile.gif I have 192 megs and a 20 gig Barracude II so that helps too I imagine!

------------------

As the victors define history, so does the majority define sanity...