Frustrating End Game

I was recently assimilated and I have seen many posts complaining about the anti-climatic AAR. I have not seen any about when the AI decides it has had enough.

Is there a way for the computer to end the game after hitting the DONE button rather than the GO button for the next move.

It usually occurs as I have them on the run, and I plot all my devastating moves eager to see those dirty (AXIS/ALLIED) Armies destroyed, eagerly licking my chops as I hit the go button, only to receive the first few bars of Taps and that AAR screen.

Couldn't they have capitulated at the end of the last turn? Has this been mentioned elsewhere?

Just a thought...

I do so love this game though.

And my new wife is about to look for a new home if I keep playing CM nightly.

Guest Michael emrys

That sounds a lot more likely than my own take on it, which was that it had to see the devastating moves I was planning for the next turn before it knew that the jig was up.

Michael

If what you say is true Croda, then I guess it is somehting I'll have to live with. It just seems like a waste of time though.

Looking forward to CM2 even though I just got CM two weeks ago.

Rock-solid stability and easy learning curve.

Great game BTS!!

Slow computer, I presume? Cheer up, it gives you more time to gloat over your brilliant strategy that's gonna make them surrender any time now wink.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska