Anyone see www2 Chain of Command - free online game at CDmag?

http://www.2am.com/

Very interesting idea!

Go to www.cd-mag.com the online setion and have a look!

Basicly its an online realt-time, multiplayer game which looks a bit like X-Com wink.gif You can be grunt, or officer, depending on ranks etc etc - you can command 4 soldiers for each player, and officers can order other players below him in rank biggrin.gif It sounds like fun!

If anyone is interested in playing, maybe we can form our own regiment! biggrin.gif

I'll playing as Blitz Force wink.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo and my Saving Private Ryan Sound Set mod! Oh Yeah - Have a listen to some of my music too! When i get my record deal...you may have to pay for it ...

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-26-2000).]

Sheesh, Mr Granate sure does go on and on about stuff only vaguely relevant to the CoC I've been playing smile.gif

I especially like the 4 or 5 paragraphs about hedgegrows that end with "they're not in the game yet but we do have hamlets"

Am I being ungrateful? Ok, CoC is a whole lot of fun, and I apreciate his dificult task.

Now that thats taken care of, how about a new map fer cryin out loud frown.gif

Anyhow, Note to Strider, put down the CM demo for a minute and come play some games with FRC smile.gif

uh, UBB was, uh, out of order. yeah, not working. manufacturor's defect biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Lokesa (edited 01-26-2000).]

Ive been playing the game since like 5 months ago. Its a real fun game. It needs to be updated though, but its fun for if your just a beginner. Im a 1st Lt. in the 101st Eagles and I like killing Lokesa wink.gif Also

it takes a while to get your own regiment. 1st of all you need to be a Captain, and the only way to get promoted is by your CO (Im so close to become captain too smile.gif ) and the application takes a while because 2am has to review it, so it can take months to get a regiment especially if your new. And no offense but if you havent played the game you will get kicked around like a rag doll by us "veterans" until you gain experience. wink.gif right Lokesa smile.gif

------------------

Come see my CM page!!

www.hometown.aol.com/lucky8202/index.html

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

--Gen. George S. Patton--

[This message has been edited by WWIIRulz (edited 01-26-2000).]

5 months ??? A 1st Lt after only 5 months !!!

Guess the eagles will take just about anyone these days wink.gif

About being CO and your own regiment, if you've got a good crew that you have fun with now think about staying there. Reg Co'ing might just turn the game into work...

BTW how would you know if you like killing Lokesa anyhow? Never happened, never will biggrin.gif

Guest R Cunningham

I tried this game a long time ago. It may have had many improvements in the intervening months, but I found it hokey. The idea is neat, but I think the implementation with the awarded ranks and the typical online clans irritating. When I went there I played a few games and found that there was usually only one or two going. You'd get this one-sided blow out because there were 20 guys from Clan wEsUcK playing the Germans waiting for people to join as Americans. The American player joins, gets his four guys killed by a company of Germans and leaves. Then the heroic Germans chat amongst themselves wondering where the chicken Americans are...

My experience with Chain of Command pretty much mirrors Msr. Cunningham's: If yr not a Clan (er, Regiment!) member, than your campaigning "life" will be violently short. But even assuming, despite your un-affiliated status, you are lucky enough to come out on the winning side (as I have enough times to make SGT), you still have to rely on the good will of yr sides CO (who usually is a Regimental player) to hand out the post-battle promotion points (ie; if yr not one of the "in crowd" don't expect to be promoted anytime soon). The CO is also the one who hands out the heavy weapons at the start of the scenario, so get used to never having any LMG's or SMG's in your squad...

As far as gameplay goes, it tends to be fast and simple (much like the graphics). The only real annoyance I find with the game itself is that you don't know which of the 4 soldats in your "squad" is you untill after the battle, so there is no way to cover your arse during a fire-fight --- just hope you are one of the survivors...

Yes is quite a simple game, but when I was there, there were at least 20 games going - I was surprised! smile.gif Got spanked too, in a 8 player game tongue.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo and my Saving Private Ryan Sound Set mod! Oh Yeah - Have a listen to some of my music too! When i get my record deal...you may have to pay for it ...

Guest Tom punkrawk

If I remember from my CoC experiances.. I played for about 2 months and stayed at Cpl.

all the "vetrans" whenever were killed by anyone lower than 2nd Lt. would bitch about how the game was bull**** and lag killed them, it was quite sad, so I stopped playing.

Plus no one would play as a team, they'd just shoot out into the place trying to kill as much as they can.. it annoyed me...

------------------

Dork Punk Productions and Design

WW2Games page-

http://www.geocities.com/ww2games

Battle Of The Bulge TC for ww2gi-

http://www.geocities.com/botbtc

Ww2gi Screaming Eagles multiplayer group-

http://www.geocities.com/screamingeagles1

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show

Guest John Maragoudakis

I tried the chain of command demo and found it slow with dated graphics. Looking forward to WW2 online for that type of interaction.

I hear ya smile.gif Look for me Friday evening and over the weekend...

CoC is a good game if you are with at least a handful of players you can count on and enjoy playing with. I've been playing it, off and on, since before there were any Regiments. I too, wish for more varity in maps. One thing that has changed, is that, in the Open Rooms, one side can no longer have more than 1 more squad per side than the other(game won't let anyone join til someone has joined the other side)...As far as distributing expirence points, most of the time, the CO will do right; tho givng out weapons is more of a problem since the CO wants to survive, so he will give heavier weapons to people he knows. The developers lean heavily toward the Regiments. The Open Games are for learning the interface, (such as; assigning sub-commanders, giving out weapons and points), and learning to control your units, then joing a Regiment. I would like the Open Games restructured so that resources are 'automated' based on the player's performance during the game. The Regiment Games are firmly established enough to fulfill the more individual control on distribution of resources.

Guest MantaRay

I think although it is not a stupid game that it borders on it. I think the graphics are really dayed and they could have done much more with it. Also a very annoying factor in its stupidity is to make you click on sponsors during the game. After or before would be fine, but to make a game that really doesnt show many tactical decisions, and them make you vote like you are surfing the warez sites. And both times I played and tried to quit, I had to control alt delete to end my session. Just my opinion.

Ray

------------------

Well 1st of all the banner system is a hell of alot better than paying, If you are in a regiment the tactical aspect of the game is much improved because you play as a team and most likely all the regiments have plans for the maps. Just to let you know if you arent in a regiment some of the maps are different than the ones in the open game.

------------------

Come see my CM page!!

www.hometown.aol.com/lucky8202/index.html

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his"

--Gen. George S. Patton--