Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

tanks in snow

I don't have the game but I would like to know if the tanks leave tread marks in the snow. I would also like to now if each tank makes a different sound when it moves. Also could you please explain how an operation works. I dont understand how they are played out in the game. Thank you.

------------------

General Goerge

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patton21:

I don't have the game but I would like to know if the tanks leave tread marks in the snow. I would also like to now if each tank makes a different sound when it moves. Also could you please explain how an operation works. I dont understand how they are played out in the game. Thank you.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) No tracks in the snow. To do it properly (without screwing up fog of war) would be a huge processor hit. If you want a lot of details do a search on tracks.

2) I'm not sure if the sounds are unique (probably not), but there are different tank sounds (maybe just for light, medium, heavy, armored cars, jeeps, etc). There are a variety of vehicle sounds.

3) Operations represent a bunch of firefights in a single battle that stretches over several hours or days on the same battlefield. Only a portion of the map is shown at any one time (usually a large portion). Damaged vehicles are sometimes recovered in subsequent battles of an operation, depending on preset parameters. Reinforcements/replacements can also arrive, depending on the scenario design.

Guest barrold713

Tanks do not leave tracks and IIRC with the sound mods there are some different armor sounds. I might be wrong though.

Operations are basically a series of battles played usually on a moving set of maps (attacker moves to other side of map and on next battle, that map edge is the enter side for the next battle.)

Each battle has a setup phase with a scenario set "no-man's land" between forces. Reinforcements can arrive both in the battle and between.

Most every topic imaginable has been discussed in some way or another and a some good information can be gleaned from the search function. BTS often stick their collective heads in these forums so by going through the old messages you can usually get it right from the horse's mouth.

Sure you will enjoy the full game when it arrives and you will be assimilated by the CMBorg.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin