TacOps music

MCab

Foreign Legion March - if I recall correctly.

I got it off of a tape recording of a US Maine Corps field band that I did myself many years ago.

The next time I get some hobby time I will check into creating an MP3 version of the whole song for downloading. I have the stuff to do that laying around my studio somewhere - I just have never gotten around to playing with it.

By the way ...

On the PC, if you want TacOps to play different music all you have to do is name a wave file as fanfareA.wav, or fanfareB.wav, or fanfareC.wav and drop it into the Tacops folder so as to replace what is already there.

fanfareA.wav is the first thing played at startup - currently a drum roll.

fanfareB.wav is the second thing played at startup - currently Foreign Legion.

fanfareC.wav is played at end of game - currently 'On The Quarterdeck'.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

[This message has been edited by MajorH (edited 01-20-2000).]

I'm running v3.0 on a PC and I do not have any music, neither Fanfare A or B, at the beginning of the program (as was such with the demo) I thought it was odd but did not decide to speak up until I read the earlier posts on this thread.

Any ideas?

Semper Fi, Major!

Major PF Maidhof

USMC

Run TacOps.

Load up a scenario and dump the setup units anywhere.

Select the Options/Preferences menu item and then checkmark the box titled 'Startup Screens'. Close the preferences window.

Quit TacOps. That should do it.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

I did some checking on the music mentioned earlier. The snippet is a special fanfare adaptation of the main theme from 'French Foreign Legion March'. The fanfare snippet is all that i have - I don't have the complete march.

The snippet was likely scored/adapted by a member of the US Marine Corps field band that was playing the piece.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com