Two tank questions ******VOT SPOILER*****

I have two quick questions.

1. Do AI tanks ever unbutton after buttoning up? After the close action settles down, it would be to their advantage.

2. I was looking at the paint job of Fionns Panther G in the alpha battle AAR classic and I like the look of the hanging extra treads being unpainted (as compared to the Panther G in VOT). My questions is: Are there multiple paint jobs on the tanks in the game? (I know it was common practice to paint the tank as a whole but I like the look of the Alpha Panther).

Guest Mirage2k

I don't know about #2, but in regards to #1...

Yes, tanks will unbutton after buttoning up, if the tank commander doesn't feel overly threatened. You can also order your tanks to unbutton if you REALLY want them to.

-Andrew

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well as far as #2. There are multiple paint jobs on AFVs. But not as you might think. The different paint jobs are on the different models of the same tank type.

For example, CM has the Panther A, and two variants of G. I believe each one has a different paint job. I think the Panther A has a paint job that is very similar to the Alpha Panther.

Check out this picture from CMHQ

http://combathq.thegamers.net/special/dam/pics2/dam5.JPG

Also this one which shows a texture pretty close to the Alpha http://combathq.thegamers.net/special/dam/pics2/dam7.JPG

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanzfeld:

1. Do AI tanks ever unbutton after buttoning up? After the close action settles down, it would be to their advantage.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've had tanks refuse a direct command to unbutton even when they faced no immediate threat. Since they showed crew casualties, I assume the body of the TC was blocking the hatch.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe