probs with voodoo 3 on G3 333mhz

MaQ

i got a problemo on my g3 333mhz with OS 8.6 and a voodoo3 2000 with the latest drivers (beta12) when i start the cm demo everything works but when i click to start playing on the battlefield the graphics gets screwed up. i hear sound from the game so i dont think the game crashes but i cant see a **** cuz the screen is almost completle black. anyone know why this happends??

------------------

"When death smiles at you , then all you can do is smile back" anynomus

I haven't heard of any previous problems with G3s, but iMacs have had a couple conflicts with their 3d card. I believe the solution most people came up with was to manually set the monitor res to 640x480. Try it, and see if that helps.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

I have a G4/500 with Voodoo 5 that performs perfectly -- the Voodoo 3 though never had as much effort put into writing drivers for it as the 4 and 5 (or the 2 for that matter). 3DFX is doing a great job writing drivers now. Your solution may be to back off to the installed G3 card.

BTW- We test a lot of Mac configs here, and I threw the demo CM on several. The IMAC works great except for the oldest 233 machine, which needs some streamlining or it gets overwhelmed by the graphics. Our Dells though choke on the CM demo and I cannot figure why, they generate a GPF error when you try to go from main screen to scenario screen. While not needed on the Macs, I do know that we have been burnings all our PC hard drives down every couple of months and reloading everything back, and they are running much better, even games.