Who wrote this "fuzzy logic?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

You are stirring up crap on

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sigh... hypocritical that you single me out, but as others continue to call me a racisit, you sit silent.

I haven't started a thing. If you step back and look, someone has always posted, always.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheh.. I can't believe you guys. You're really letting the good Dr. get to you smile.gif

I bet he's having a field day reading your replies. Ignore each other and things will calm down or the Dr. will be bored and leave, let's hope it'll calm down.

Its amazing to me that someone who claims to be an educated individual can continue to post this drivel. Why is it that I can count your supporters on my fingers? Why is it that I have suddenly stated my position - do you not think that maybe Ive been following this garbage? I mean after all I stated that plainly in my first post to you, but Gee that means you woulve had to bother to read and that 95% of the people posting might not be the ignorant ones here huh bud?

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

Its amazing to me that someone who claims to be an educated individual can continue to post this drivel.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, SS and Seig Heil Thrash, go read "One More Time. Hopefully, you'll get the point.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

Dr Brian,

sorry did not realize that was a thread I thought you were directing me to some literature that I needed to read to enlighten me. At any rate nobody has any probblem with you being anti NAzi only your accusations of everyone else being pro- nazi.

furthermore there definitely was no need for another thread

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 08-26-2000).]

Dr. Brian,

Yes, I realize that you can type, you have proven that. I am not sure what you meant by that...

The people you referenced were speaking out of emotion. The only "observation" I have for them, other than what I wrote in the "Dr. Brian is right" thread (if you haven't yet seen it), is that reacting with emotion only causes more damage.

Posts which are seen as inflammatory are then reacted to, the author in turn reacts, and it goes up in flames. When someone makes remarks that invoke strong emotions/reactions, insults will fly. It is unfortunate, and I certainly don't like to see it happen.

My hope with providing you what I saw, was to avoid this happening again, not condemn everyone for insulting each other. From my point of view, what seemed to start all this was not when you posted your views on Nazis, or even the reaction from members that caused (people who took offense not at your views, but at the way in which you presented them). To me, what started all this was the perception that you were questioning the morality of members of the forum because they were asking you not to make extreme political statements and/or because they liked to play or roleplay Germans in the game.

Yes, I most definitely could "lecture" people on how it isn't nice to insult each other, but what would that accomplish? My house isn't made of bulletproof glass, so I am not about to cast stones. What I hope(d) to do was to root out the cause of this latest rash of flame wars and maybe help steer people away from starting them again. I know; a possibly futile hope.

I'm not trying to say that you are to "blame" for all of this, not in the least. I think people have sometimes been childish and offensive to you. However, I liken making statements regarding people's views on or the political issues surrounding the Holocaust and Nazi Germany to lighting the fuse on a powder keg; it may start out slow, but inevitably it blows up.

The flames from this explosion will go out if people (everyone, including you and I) stop fanning them. Please, let's not light any more fuses.

-Scorp