Vehicles' appearance vs. infantry

OK, kudos to all the mod people out there, esp. Tiger.

Now I have a (minor) problem: The tanks look ten times better than the infantry! It almost seems like they were taken from different games.

I don't know how to do mods, is it much harder to do a mod for infantry than for vehicles?

The least realistic thing about infantry is their shape. It's easy to do a realistic vehicle, because vehicles are boxy, but people aren't. In terms of textures, I don't think you could really improve on the soldiers - there's a lot more scope with vehicles, because their colourschemes varied a lot.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

IMO the information is far more important then the presentation. As long as I can say "Hey, that's an infantry squad/team... it has nearly all/about two-thirds/about one-third of its members remaining..." then the graphics are good enough for me.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Personally, I think the infantry looks pretty good. Its not quake or half-life quality, but at the 3 or 4 camera elevation, which is what I usually play in, you really wouldnt notice the improvements anyway. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

It is a poloygon thing. People can mod the figure textures all they like, but I doubt anybody will make anything that will be seen as a significant improvement.

As for why the figures are the way they are, please do a search. The word "figure" is probably a good one to try first. It has been discussed to death and is, in our opinion, tiring in the extreme. If we were aiming for a 1 Gig system as the baseline we could done wonders that would make your head spin smile.gif So please accept the fact that what you see is a reflection of hardware reality.

Steve