Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Christmas greetings and many thanks to BTS and all forum members and mod-makers!

Juju

Hi all!

After following the Bombs-away forum for the game B17-2, concerning bugs, missing features, a vague manual, unsatisfied (dare I say angry, bordering on extremely pissed off?) customers, customer support and whatnot for the last couple of weeks, I am once again so happy with what we've got going right here at Battlefront.com.

Guys..., you don't know how lucky we are!

Okay, many -if not most- of you know how lucky we are!

I've checked this board on an almost daily basis for the last 9 months. Many of you much, much longer. I feel I've gotten to know many of you a little. Be it by reading and replying to your posts, or playing a PBEM against you. And darn the heck, it's been a great time!

I thank you all for that.

BTS: Praise, praise, praise! Need I say more? I don't know how you do it. It's been asked a lot over the last year, but AFAIK none of you have answered this particular question: Do you guys ever sleep?

Many, many thanks to you all.

And finally, last but by no means least, thanks to all you mod-makers who's mods grace my harddrive: Thanks for adding to this great game!

It's been a great gaming year for us wargamers. Let there be many more to come!

Merry Christmas all!

Juju

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.

Well you knew B-17II, or whatever it's called, would be another one of those pieces of crap that they over-hype and people go out and blow their money on them just because of name-sake.

I haven't bought a new game off the shelf in a long time just for these reasons. The last game I bought was BGII and it's pretty good, although a little dated now. I'm looking forward to SSI's sequal to the original D&D Gold Box game Pool of Radience. Pool of Radience: Ruins of Myth Drannor featuring a turn-based system using pull down menus much like CM so you can formulate REAL strategy in the D&D world. Unlike BioWare's Infinity Engine where it only pauses AFTER and action has occured, PORII can run as a real-time game or as a turn-based game by setting the turn timer for infinite time or a second or two.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Well you knew B-17II, or whatever it's called, would be another one of those pieces of crap that they over-hype and people go out and blow their money on them just because of name-sake.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah, I know. Until juuust recently I was one of those people. I should have stuck to my own rule: Check first, buy later. In B17's case that should have been: No demo, no sale!

Me? I'm waiting for Jagged Alliance - Unfinished Business. Erm..., demo or not, I'm gonna get that one! biggrin.gif

------------------

I prefer an enemy who's willing to die for his country. That way both him and me have the same aim in mind.

Juju

Likewise with the sentiments to BTS although now that I've turned nto a CM zombie.....

You also are a gentlemen player and tough at it. Just sent my belated 22nd file and my apologies for the delay, however if you'd send some umbrella's outside for my guys I'll give you a warm welcome!mas to you all!

Patrick