What's "Antitank" about the Canadian Mech Rifles "Section(Weapons)(Antitank)"?

Traitor

I was looking at the Canadian Mech Rifles and noticed an option to toggle between Antitank and Light mortar for the platoon weapons team

image.jpeg.c6131de824fca6fe1aa2c5749a636696.jpeg

Selecting this option switches out the 4th section of the platoon with the (Antitank) variant
image.jpeg.23df728386287ffe0e7912e3d8b79169.jpeg

However, I can't figure out what's Anti-tank about the (Antitank) variant of the platoon weapons team

As the rest of the platoons are identical, I looked for the LAV carrying Section 4, the (Weapons) Section. The Light mortar variant is on the left, while the Antitank variant is on the right.
image.thumb.jpeg.1fc830b3337f444f4f0e9885192d68c0.jpeg

The only noticeable difference is that in the (Light Mortar) variant, the pixeltruppen are split into two separate teams, a two man team with the Light Mortar and a three man MG team, while in the (Antitank) variant, the two teams are combined into one 5 man squad. However, the (Antitank) variant does not seem to actually possess any anti-tank weapons.
image.jpeg.8a1c2609c4e8cc39cc87c7888b9c837a.jpeg

The soldier marked as Antitank isn't even in possession of a 40mm GL, let alone any actual anti tank weapon. And yes, I checked, there are no extra anti-tank weapons stowed away in the LAVs, both LAVs contained one SRAAW(M) aka Carl Gustav and the same amount of rockets, in fact, all the LAVs in the squad have the same amount of weapons in storage.

So, it appears that the (Antitank) variant of the weapons team trades a light mortar for absolutely nothing, no extra AT weaponry, not an ATGM, no extra Carl Gustav launchers or rounds, not even a couple of SRAAW (L) aka M72 LAW. Absolutely nothing. Am I missing something here? What's "Antitank" about the (antitank) variant of Canadian Mech Rifle platoons? As far as I can tell, not much.

I would really appreciate it if anybody is able to replicate this. Is my copy of the game just bugged? Am I missing something really obvious and there are some ATGMs hidden somewhere? Are we supposed to use that squad to close assault tanks? Is this just an overlooked bug? If it is a bug or a TO&E mistake, what weapon was supposed to be assigned to the (Antitank) team? Did they have an ATGM or something in previous versions of the game that was lost in some update? Or is the whole thing intentional and the (Antitank) designation a mistake or a holdover from a previous version and it's intended that the team has no AT weapons?

I noticed this too back a few months as I had a match with canadian forces.

I didnt gave it much of a thought though.

It may be an oversight or just mislabeled, I dont know.

Could be as well stated as like "with mortar" or "Standard mech infantry". The "anti tank"description makes no sense,indeed.

1 hour ago, Brille said:

I noticed this too back a few months as I had a match with canadian forces.

I didnt gave it much of a thought though.

It may be an oversight or just mislabeled, I dont know.

Could be as well stated as like "with mortar" or "Standard mech infantry". The "anti tank"description makes no sense,indeed.

I'm wondering if they were originally equipped with some form of Anti tank weapon but something got messed up over the years in an update. Wouldn't be the first time that updates introduced TO&E bugs that weren't noticed for a long time. I could see the weapons team being equipped with an ATGM in place of the light mortar.

I suppose the only way to know if that's the case is if we have a player that remembered them being equipped differently in an older build of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have figured out what is going on.

According to this video, which cites a document named B-GL-309-003/FP-001 "Infantry Section and Platoon in Operations" (which I am unable to access, but based on some googling I believe that the relevant information would be on page 390 if anybody has a copy), the Tank Hunting team in the weapons platoon is supposed to be armed with a SRAAW(M) aka Carl Gustav, which they do indeed carry in their LAVs. So I suppose that the way that it's depicted in game is technically correct as the Carl Gustavs are left in the LAV until needed.

That being said, they don't carry any more Carl Gustav launchers or ammunition for it than the (Light Mortar) variant's LAV or even a regular Squad's LAV. I suppose the only real distinguishing feature about the Antitank variant is that there is a soldier marked "Antitank" which I've read in the forums is supposed to have a higher proficiency with AT weapons compared to the average soldier.

Therefore I believe it's intentional and accurate, not a bug, although it would still be nice if they carried just a couple extra Carl Gustav rounds over the (Light Mortar) variant to truly distinguish them as "Anti Tank" over a regular rifle Squad that also has access to a Carl Gustav and the same amount of ammunition in their LAV.