Issues with CMRT patch and CMA install

A few months ago I installed the latest patch of CMRT.  After installing my computer went nuts with the blue spinning circle and what looked like it was stuck in opening and shutting down and I could not click on anything in Windows.  I did a system restore and did a full install of CMRT without issue.

Today I tried to re-install CMA.  Got numerous warnings from MS as I installed it that it was seldom downloaded and should not be trusted.  I blew past these three warnings.  Install aborted twice because it said one of the files was corrupted.  So I downloaded the file again from Battlefront and it worked this time.  After install, I got the same issue that had happened with the CMRT patch.  I've done System Restore again but am wondering if I should try to load CMA again, since this was more than the patch and a full install of 1.01 is all I have.

Any thoughts?