Panther without Fangs..

Spoilage contained herein..

In Valley I finally had a hard time against the AI as the Germans. I lost the 75mmbunker and infgun with a few turns and was getting pissed at the lateness of the cavalry.

Soon as the Panther shows up I whack one sherm 105. I try to use a tactic called scalping the hill. Basically have the panther come round the hill and only take on 1 or 2 sherms at a time. As luck would have it a fast shooting sherm takes the gun of my panther out.

Seeing the futility of the situation, I decide to take the panther on a death ride. Running the gauntlet of sherm fire I made it into the valley. I was surprised that I could use the MGs on the panther and it was doing good work chasing away the US inf. The sherms were then drawn into the town to fight it and got hung up on the mines and shreck fire. I even KOd one with a faust.

The end result was a marg victory so it aint over till its over.

Lewis

Guest Big Time Software

Don't you hate it when a nice, brand spanking fresh and nasty, tank like that gets "defanged" before it tears up the battlefield? smile.gif

Yes, you can basically use a "defanged" tank as a mobile, armored pillbox. Works great untill someone gets you cornered or gets the drop on you from the flank.

Steve

Sounds all to familiar. I like to use my gun damaged tanks as a roving machine gun also. I once used a Hellcat that had a damaged gun to spook a Stug into moving and then got him with a zook shot. The only downside to the suicide charge is if you loose the tank outright it costs you on the morale.

Guest Captain Foobar

***********SPOILER**************

what I hate is when I am playing a *BLIND* game vs someone, and while waiting for my turn, I'm browsing the forum. This thread is a spoiled the FOW in my game.

When you say he name of the AFV (panther) in the title, and then follow it up in the first line with "spoiler herein", anyone with half a brain will come to the conclusion that they're going to be facing a Panther in VoT. I didnt have a chance to stop reading, it was terribly obvious.

Now, do you have any suggestions on how I can balance this for my brother, now that

our play balance is ruined half-way thru?

BTS, can you change the thread title, so that it doesnt happen to anyone else?

I dont know, I should take some responsibility for reading the forum while playing anyway...... We need a seperate scenario forum!!@! smile.gif

(You're killin me Lewis.......)

[This message has been edited by Captain Foobar (edited 05-14-2000).]