Anti tank guns: No "Packing up" anymore ?

I was always under the impression that ATG had to be packed up to change their position, at least for longer move orders.

I tested it on accident as I was trying to tow some guns with trucks. I gave a few guns a 50, 200 and 500m order, later even 900m, and they directly started to move, without them packing up beforehand.

Even as they reached their new position they were instantly ready to fire without delay.

So it seems to work like in the old CMx1 games now. I´ve only tested it so far with CMRT and CMBN.

Does anyone know when this was patched this way ?

Anyways you can still manually pack up by clicking on the "deploy" button. But who should do that ?

Was this maybe not intentional ?

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

They've been able to do this for a long time.

If you move them whilst deployed, they will move really slowly, but will manhandle the thing in a deployed state.

If you tell them to limber adjacent to their carrier, they will also limber much faster.

Ok, seems like I am late to the party then. :D

Considering that I rarely play in defence and even more rarely try or have the option to switch the position of an ATG, speaks for itself.

However I like it...it gives the ATG a more dynamic feel like in the old games.  But why did BFC left the pack up time in the game I wonder ?

Limbering the gun doesn´t seem to make it (that much)  faster on the move.

If you do some testing, the speed difference is very significant, especially with the heavier guns.

It means that the correct SOP is to unlimber behind a slope, then set up and push it 1-2 action spots forward into position. The time not to do this is if you don't have the terrain to conceal the carrier vehicle nearby.

@domfluff Thank you for the clarification. I did a test now and limbering clearly give them a speedboost.

Really glad to see that as ATG are more dynamic this way, not the "one shot then die" units. Surely they don´t move at light speed, so artillery is still threatening but with the fast redeployment via vehicle new approaches open up. :)

I missed those fast redeployment tactics of the old CMx1 games honestly. :D