Unit types, and an idea for the "big" balanced battalion

MHW

I'm interested in the balanced battalion and what it offers, not only as a unit within the game but as a set of raw ingredients for scenario designers. 

Here are the maneuver companies of the balanced battalion, as they appear in the game:

- A Co (mech): 2 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt, 1 × weapons plt
- B Co (mech): 2 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt, 1 × weapons plt
- C Co (armor): 2 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt
- D Co (armor): 2 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt

The battalion is larger than it should be—four companies should give us 12 line platoons, but this battalion has 16 platoons. I'd infer that this unit type was created with an eye toward giving scenario designers flexibility. I like working with it as a way of building units. Take the whole balanced battalion and trim away the parts that don't matter, or the ones that would make it overstrength for the setting. However, it could offer more flexibility. Notably, it doesn't let you keep companies pure, with no platoons detached.

I'd like to offer a suggestion: how about the "big" balanced battalion

Here:

- A Co (mech): 3 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt, 1 × weapons plt
- B Co (mech): 3 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt, 1 × weapons plt
- C Co (armor): 2 × mech plt, 3 × armor plt
- D Co (armor): 2 × mech plt, 3 × armor plt

This big balanced battalion is much larger than it should be, with 20 maneuver platoons instead of the expected 12. Players shouldn't be using the whole thing. It's more of an untrimmed bolt of fabric, ready to be cut down to size. Scenario designers can delete unneeded subunits, and QB players can take their chances if they really want to buy units that big.

It would allow more flexibility in cross-attachments and would open the option of leaving some companies pure, like this:

- A Co (mech): 3 × mech plt, 1 × weapons plt
- B Co (mech): 2 × mech plt, 1 × armor plt, 1 × weapons plt
- C Co (armor): 1 × mech plt, 2 × armor plt
- D Co (armor): 3 × armor plt

Lots of caveats, of course. This game isn't my product and I have no idea what difficulties this entails or what shenanigans the big balanced battalion would spark.