Features we need in today's games

Bushtucka95

Combat Mission is clearly unique in it's realism and attention to detail, and with the addition of these features I believe it would blow all of its competition out of the water:

I believe all of these features could be implemented with the current engine:
- Add ICM and IDPCM artillery to Black Sea and Shock Force 2 (where relevant, we know the UK, Germany, Holland all have signed an agreement against cluster munitions).

- Add the ability to call in map fires, without line of sight or a target reference point (based on just having a grid reference), depending on ROE relating to collateral damage. (Perhaps a setting in the editor to enable/disable map fires to suit the scenario maker). These fires would be adjustable and less accurate than artillery walked in by observers.

- The introduction of both MLRS and Mine (AP and AT) artillery and helicopter missions to Cold War, Black Sea, and SF2.

- The introduction of loitering munition drones that can be fired from vehicles, mortar tubes, aircraft, be given orders to observe, seek and destroy armour, or strike target.

- A chance based algorithm (similar to the AA shooting down aircraft) to determine if your artillery was knocked out by counter battery fire, influenced heavily by the scenario designer of course. 

Please share your thoughts and ideas :)