AI - can anything be done?

ackack

An AI based on NN methods shouldn't have to be too expensive. The cpu:s are getting better and cheaper. All you have to do is teach it once properly. No need for bio-nn:s yet. A friend of mine has just patented a good BP based method for use on nuclear plants. In theory it could be used for comples strategy/wargames as well.

Marcus

Of course some would say, that when they post the lan connect and TP/IP patch, we won't need the AI as we will all be playing each other.....unless you all want to keep on playing with yourselves all the time smile.gif

SNIPER....... don't bother running, you'll just die tired!

Leland, the expert system that I wrote was for the geotechnical field, specifically, a narrow field with only a few experts due to the technology used.

In fact, in developing the rule based system, I had ALL the worlds experts available (there were 5 of them). smile.gif

In developing your project, what was the basis, and theory used? (I finally decided on Bayes, of course. It was a toss up between Dempster-Schafer).

If anyone is interested, there are quite a few expert systems available in the medical field, for analyzing medical conditions and such. If interested, I can dig up all the different ones. Had an article on it, and what was used to write it, etc.

Marcus, regarding the Bio-NN... I'm sure I'll be bellyaching about why computer games aren't bio-nn when they finally get AI. wink.gif

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!