Ammo loadout

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

IIRC, WP is not in CM. WP=White Phospherous, right?

But anyway, I think that the ammo loadouts are dependant upon model variants. I think. wink.gif But isn't the ammo loadouts of the Shermans in CE different for each? I'm confused myself, now. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 04-19-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, no WP. Plenty of threads on that subject, so let's not start up any new ones until all those are read first smile.gif

Loadouts are dependent on the historical allocation of the different rounds for the different vehicles. This is actually very well documented for both German and Allied vehicles. Thankfully!!

You can alter the loadouts to some degree in the Editor, but never within a scenario that you are playing. In other words, when you start up a scenario you get what the designer designated.

OB&G, loadouts have a slight randomness to them to simulate the fact that historical loadouts varried a bit in the field (you fill up your racks with whatever you can get sometimes!) and that vehicles rarely went around the battlefield with 100% ammo stocks on board. It isn't like they got replacement rounds after each and every shot fired.

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

In the scenario editor you can change all ammo types no problems, along with unit fatigue, skill and a wad of other things I cant remember off of the top of my head smile.gif

Guest KwazyDog

It is SS. Actually, its a good example of how someone could cheat a lot easier than trying to exploit the AI surrending, just give those M10's 1 AP reound each smile.gif

Really, I think your issue may be more an issue of how the ladder is run more than the game itself. There will need to be some careful planning as far as which scenarios are concerned. Really, its no different from most other wargames that have a scenario editor. CC2 was different there I guess.... wink.gif

I think you are right to an extent - the ladder is going to have to be run smoothly in order to deal with the issues of game complexity, yet as competitive players we will have to be more vigilant than ever I believe :eeK:

But I would rather have all this freedom to create, it will just take some extra work to nail down where we can get bushwacked tongue.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Yeah, no WP. Plenty of threads on that subject, so let's not start up any new ones until all those are read first smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I do remember those other threads, so that's why I was pretty sure enough of my self to say that WP was definitely not in. wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Loadouts are dependent on the historical allocation of the different rounds for the different vehicles. This is actually very well documented for both German and Allied vehicles. Thankfully!!

You can alter the loadouts to some degree in the Editor, but never within a scenario that you are playing. In other words, when you start up a scenario you get what the designer designated.

OB&G, loadouts have a slight randomness to them to simulate the fact that historical loadouts varried a bit in the field (you fill up your racks with whatever you can get sometimes!) and that vehicles rarely went around the battlefield with 100% ammo stocks on board. It isn't like they got replacement rounds after each and every shot fired.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, OK. Totally understood. That all makes sense now. Thanks. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Guest KwazyDog

I agree. For instance the ability to change ammo amount from a scenario design perspective would be a great disability if not in there.

In one of the scenarios I created I have a strong armoured force attacking a primarily infantry force. I wanted to give the companies 150mm IG gun more of a show in the game, so I upped its hollow change ammo a few rounds and positioned it in a bend so that its armoured targets would be within 100-200m before it opened up. Damn, on the test it hit with almost every HC round at that range and most were leathal against the lighter armour it was engaging.

I think people are really going to find scenario designing in CM like nothing they have done before because of the depth and detail in there. For instance, with out those HC round the company is in for one hell of a rough day, but if I give them too many due to the map layout, the allies could very well not have a chance smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Vehicles themselves will never surrender on their own, only as a result of a player or AI decision to give up the fight in total.

Steve