GI strawberry soda

I was reading "The Captains" yesterday, by WEB Griffin. In it he mentions making a drink from strawberry preserves and boiling water. Has anyone had that? I would try to make it, but hot plates aren't allowed in the dorms.

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

Beer wasn't allowed in our dorms and I don't remember that stopping us from bringing it in. biggrin.gif

It's ok to be bad once in a while. That is, unless, it is an offense punishable by expulsion or something?

Back on topic, sounds interesting. I'd like to hear of your concoction once you've weathered the storm concerning the hot plate issue.

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I would try to make it, but hot plates aren't allowed in the dorms.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rookie smile.gif. Dorms allow irons for your clothes, right? And what's an iron but a hotplate that takes a bit of ingenuity to mount for cooking purposes? And if you have 2 irons, you can make toast between them without needing a mount biggrin.gif Also, many dorms allow popcorn poppers. Hmmm, that's another expedient hotplate.

BTW, a GI strawberry soda is what you get when you mix 120mm mortars and a US rifle company....

------------------

-Bullethead

Want a naval sim? Check out Raider Operations at www.historicalgames.bizland.com/index.html