Bunker Request

Would anyone else like to be able to buy squad or team-sized bunkers that you could fill ("embark") with existing infantry units? Particularly in the case of wooden bunkers, there are many cases where they contained more than just one MG and where the "crew" had more than pistols to fight with when the bunker was knocked out.

Regards,

- Erik

Greetings Erik, glad to see you over here from the TOAW side of things. I agree that having bunkers that could embark infantry would be great (enhance the firepower of the existing structures), while still providing close in support against other infantry.

Guest dirkd1976

I'd like to see bunkers with different strengths, like ASL. I definetly like the idea of being able to embark infantry in bunkers. That would make things a little more versatile for the defender. Cheaper bunker with no guns, but space for a squad or two. Nice idea Erik. smile.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

I believe the reason you can't do this is because the way bunkers & PB are coded.

Right now they are treated as vehicles, and as such they are given crews to man their weapons. The vehicle coding allows you to choose the placements on the battlefield.

If you allowed regular inf. squads to enter and fight inside them, then they are coded as terrain (houses, etc...). Now you lose the ability to place them where ever you choose.

Keep in mind, there is a strong possibility that everything i've just written here could be incorrect. I have no first hand knowledge as to how bunkers are coded, i've done no research, have no hard data to back up my statements,and have no clue as to whether what you said can be done. In fact, I could be just flat out wrong.

But dammit, don't you know it sounds good. wink.gif

P.S. it also killed ten minutes of my work day, so WTF.

Any other questions?

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Guest dirkd1976

So what your telling us is that everything you just said is BS? wink.gif I'm kidding, I dont know my ass from my elbow when it comes to coding, so it all sounded good to me!! smile.gif If thats true, its to bad, that would have been a nice feature to have as a defender. Maybe CM2 eh? Ican't imagine the list of things that people want for CM2, its probably already a mile long........

------------------

Guest dirkd1976

I just noticed that was my first post as a member!! biggrin.gif Sweet........

------------------