Imperial War Museum Debrief

ok I'll contact them, come up with some excuse. Next weekend (ie. not the 14th, but the one after) sat or sun is fine by me).

I'll start a new thread asking for photo/info requests from people. Seems they don't have a total list of exhibits.. pity

PeterNZ

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

..we will need some research to do.. wonder if anyone has some ideas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if they would be keen on setting up something for live fire research? biggrin.gif

BTW - thanks for the sending the information on IWM. Flight was changed for arrival on November 10. Looking forward to the visit.

I guess getting to and from the tank museum in Bovington would be a little dicey? It really looks like the place to go for WW2 armor.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sitting Duck:

[bI guess getting to and from the tank museum in Bovington would be a little dicey? It really looks like the place to go for WW2 armor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could probably wing it, but you would not have a lot of time there and you would be very stressed. At least two hours plus from Gatwick by car. I would recommend the IWM in your case.

------------------

Andreas

sorry to but in again guys but i also remember a little museum in cornwall from a few years ago.it had alot of the vechiles from the major war films of the 60's & 70's.i.e a bridge too far ,Yanks.and others if it's of any use to you.it's north of the helford river crossing at helford.can't be much more use than that .

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

You could probably wing it, but you would not have a lot of time there and you would be very stressed. At least two hours plus from Gatwick by car. I would recommend the IWM in your case.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, I'll take your advice! As you can tell from my nick, I'm not one to "wing it" often!

I realize there are quite a number of museums around London which are related to CM. Can anyone point out where I can find some kinda travel guide?

If I can find money and time, probably early next year, I would love to pay a visit on my own.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(