stupid idea for CM2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

Why Conscript vs veterans is not enought for you<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply because problems Soviet faces in the 2 first years with some exception were a almost total lack of modern means of communication, a very poor quality HQ works in recon and planning tasks and the general fear of repression gave to julior officers a great reticence to take initiative rather than rely on carriyng the orders received.

BTW, as CM2 will be realistic, by 1943 Soviet army would get 1 minute turns...

Thanks for your reply and your much elaborated reply.

There are a lot of things that could be done to make CM more realistic that would destroy its play balance as a game. For example, in CM you could give the Alles about five times as much artillery as the Germans and make Jabos about five times more powerful. That would accurately simulate the virtually hopeless position the Germans were in. But it wouldn't be much fun. I think BTS has done a great job of making CM sufficiently realistic without ruining the gameplay.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eba:

There are a lot of things that could be done to make CM more realistic that would destroy its play balance as a game. For example, in CM you could give the Alles about five times as much artillery as the Germans and make Jabos about five times more powerful. That would accurately simulate the virtually hopeless position the Germans were in. But it wouldn't be much fun. I think BTS has done a great job of making CM sufficiently realistic without ruining the gameplay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will be my last post on this board as I prefer the newsgroup anarchy to the high politness of this forum. I just want to thank you to give an argumented reply to my post, even if you disagree. You were the first and it will be satisfying to let this board on such a last good impression.

could someone explain this thread to me? I think I came in late.

confused.gif

------------------

"I'm the Quarterback. I make the plays. You back the plays I make." -Harvey Keitel to his adopted son in the movie "Dusk til Dawn" (about 3 hours before they're both ripped apart and eaten alive by vampires)

Guest Madmatt

Apparently there was a lot of editing that went on before we got here, but since this post makes little sense and from what I gather has something to do with the ongoing discussion on differences/lack there of in nationalities and we already have a lively discussion in another thread on that, it is best to lock this one up.

Madmatt