anyone else find captured kill stats jarring?

Guest aaronb

Guest aaronb

Sample conversation:

"Don't shoot!"

"Hands up! Name?"

"Ed Gruberman"

"Rank?"

"Sargeant"

"How many of our men has your squad killed?"

"34, and one StuG with a rifle grenade. Oh, and we wiped-out an AT bunker with one of these satchel charges.".

"Filthy American!" Sound of gunfire.

When you look at a captured unit, FOW is off, so you find out if they're Veterans, etc. You also get to see the kill stats.

This causes me to pause each time (a minor break in immersion). I'd rather not see them until the end of the game.

Comments?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

Play with fog of war ON.

Frankly, I'm amazed it's even optional. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think he means that once a unit has been captured, even if you're playing with full FOW, the info becomes available, just as it does at the end of a game. But I haven't tried this, so I might not have what aaronb is saying correct.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Actually, I think he means that once a unit has been captured, even if you're playing with full FOW, the info becomes available<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo. Thank-you for reading the post. You can duplicate this quickly in a hostseat game against yourself, just surround an isolated team, let it shoot a few of your guys, and move in for the capture.

Guest aaronb

I don't look at it deliberately, just occasionally when clicking through a bunch of units. I can take in an entire page of text almost instantly, so the kill stats end up in my brain, like it or not, when I goof and click on a captured unit.

It's not a big deal, and the question posed in the subject line looks to be answered.

Thanks for yelling, Fred. Although I am now searching for an on-line hearing-aid vendor, it's good to know that under no circumstances could I misunderstand what you were saying.

F. Babra: you're right. The extra comma fuzzed my meaning. Maybe I need more context?