OT--Wild Bill

Wild Bill,

i did a search looking for your e-mail also visited CMHQ , had no luck.

Anyway , i've seen Your name as doing some research on the "Second Battle of Ap Bau Bang" 19/20March67 If You would like to speak with veteran who was there , i'm available.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt.Morgue:

Wild Bill,

i did a search looking for your e-mail also visited CMHQ , had no luck.

Anyway , i've seen Your name as doing some research on the "Second Battle of Ap Bau Bang" 19/20March67 If You would like to speak with veteran who was there , i'm available. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email him at billw@thegamers.net

Sergeant!

I know you don't salute non-coms, but may I salute you anyway!

Good of you to write! Yes, I have been actively involved in producing a number of scenarios on the subject of Vietnam for about four years in a couple of Wargames. I did do a scenario once on the first battle, but never the second.

Let me say right off what an honor to write you. I was a tad too old to go to Vietnam and had four kids to boot. Now I'm too old for anything (G). Not really, but I'm getting there.

I do remember the war, and I remember all of you. I remember wishing I could go. I guess now I am glad that I couldn't. Some of my friends only went, never to return.

That is one reason I focus some of the scenarios on Vietnam. I want people to remember our heroes in green and olive drab. You were and ARE heroes.

I am not doing anything with Vietnam currently but on World War II. We are going to get back to it very soon and I would love to have your expertise avaialable. Would that be possible?

When I get something going, I'd like to be able to write and get your opinions. I hope that is acceptable to you.

Thank you for writing. Thank you for serving our country and my family.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com