Lift some FOW for the AI!

Guest Rollstoy

Guest Rollstoy

I think there should be an option which allows the AI to see the human players OOB! This would have the same effect as replaying the scenario for the human player: knowledge of the opposite force. Gamey? Certainly! But maybe a little help for the AI!

Regards,

Thomm

Guest Rollstoy

No, No! I meant that the AI only knows WHAT you have (OOB) not WHERE you have it (=No FOW, already available option).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>No, No! I meant that the AI only knows WHAT you have (OOB) not WHERE you have it (=No FOW, already available option).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. If you are playing the same scenario over and over, OF COURSE you're going to have an advantage over the AI. So quit doing that. Instead, play new scenarios or Quick Battles.

I can't think of anything LESS realistic than playing the same battle over and over, trying to do it perfectly. I see no reason to make a major change in an AI that is oriented for realism to make it do better in totally unrealistic situations.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman