OT: US Army Birthday Heads-up 225 years

All,

The U.S. Army celebrates its 225th birthday next wednesday, 14 June 2000. Most installations and recruiting stations will have a celebration complete with displays and cake-cuttings and speeches. If you are near an installation, you may want to stop by to participate. The public is welcome.

For those near Fort Knox, the celebration will occur in Keyes Park, right behind the Patton Museum. It starts at 1500 hrs and runs till nightfall.

The following will be there to see:

1 - M1A2

1 - M3A2

1 - M997 (Field Ambulance)

1 - M109A6

1 - M1025 w/MK19

1 - AH 64

1 - MP K-9 Team

1 - M4 Sherman Tank

1 - M3 Stuart Tank

Army Shooting Adventure Package

Army Show Car

Rock Climbing Wall

Green Beret Parachute Team w/SF Recruiting Display and Halo Equipment

Golden Knights Display

Hot Air Balloon Rides

Twin Peaks Obstacle Course

Jumping Jupiter Endurance Ride

Hope ya'll get a chance to see something near you and participate in the celebration.

Allons!

That sounds like a hell of alot of fun. If I lived closer I would definately show up. Will they let you peek into the M1 or Sherman? I remember when I was little they parked a Sherman out near a high school and it was open to the public.

I wonder if Ft Hood here in Texas will have anything like that.

-Out

Phandaal

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phandaal:

That sounds like a hell of alot of fun. If I lived closer I would definately show up. Will they let you peek into the M1 or Sherman? I remember when I was little they parked a Sherman out near a high school and it was open to the public.

I wonder if Ft Hood here in Texas will have anything like that.

-Out

Phandaal<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would put money on the fact that HOOD will have a display of sorts on the occassion!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wesreidau:

Blackhorse, thanks for the heads-up. Can you give me directions from Cleveland please? Thats Cleveland, UK.

Oh..and Happy Birthday to the US Army!(salute)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the following locations for information to see if they are going to have celebrations for the occasion:

Menwith HIll

Hythe

Ipswich

& London.

They all may have festivities, if not I know for sure there will be at the follwoing here in Europe:

Hieldelburg, Germany

Wurzburg, Germany

Bad Kreuznach, Germany

& Various locations throughout the Benelux.