Demo Gold MAYDAY !!!

Download was a breeze, everything seemed fine...when I click on the little tank to begin I get a black screen mad.gifand hear the "plink" sound that Window's gives when something is wrong...the problem is, I can't see what the box is that window's is trying to show me...hitting mouse left just causes more plinking. Even C,A,D won't help...have to shut down at the minitower and re-boot.

confused.gif

Dell 300 desktop, voodoo 2, 128 RAM, hard drive not even close to full, nothing running in the background.

Anyone have any ideas on 1) what went wrong and 2) how to fix it???

Go read through the Demo ReadMe File that MadMatt posted hear earlier today.

IIRC, the box you are talking about is the one that comes up and has something to do w/ your video card being set for the game. So if that's where things are going haywire, I'd guess it's a video related problem. Not sure what the fix is. Do you have DirectX6 or higher loaded? How bout latest video drivers for your card?

Mike D

aka Mikester

Guest Big Time Software

Please read the troubleshooting section of the documentation included with the demo and apply everything in there to see if it fixes your problem.

Off the top of my head, did you unzip the demo with "preserve directory structure" ON? If not, things won't work properly.

Charles

Mike, Charles,

Thank you... I don't know what happened today, but I deleted everything and downloaded again and all was perfect in CM-land. In fact, as opposed to actually doing client work, I just did CE cool.gif...now I have to stay late and do the client stuff....but it was worth it... biggrin.gif

Thanks Again...