Realism Problems with Guns

Sitting Duck wrote:

> What useful purpose is served telling someone to do a search when they've already indicated they didn't want to bother with it?

I didn't tell Dr. Brian to do a search, I took issue with the fact that he casually dismissed the idea, and I nevertheless did his work for him and provided a link for his benefit. I seem to have upset a lot of people by suggesting the search engine, however, which is quite curious but represents an unfortunate trend.

David

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>> Should perhaps post one time...and then butt out.

Why, pray tell? Because you're pissed off that the thread you were deriding me in is now locked? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps because your inane whining about the search feature was not supposed to be the topic of this thread? Or perhaps because (as I pointed out) you add nothing to the discussion at hand whatsoever.

I also big to differ, I did not “deride” you in any way. I simply pointed out your poorly thought out and contrived arguments for what they were (generally stawmen for you to knock down, at best).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>> If it does not, then post something worthwhile other than "do a search"

Compelling people to do a search is very worthwhile, but not only did I do this, I provided a link to the information Dr. Brian was too lazy to find for himself. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great! Then do it once and then move on.

The point I was trying to make was that continuing in the same thread to spout the same old mantra of “do a search” over and over is tantamount to spam as it has no worth or bearing on the current discussion.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>> (like your response to me in another thread to a six-month-old, out-dated and misleading post!).

That thread was itself a response to me, and I provided a link to the information I was referring to. It wasn't what you thought it was, but that doesn't make it outdated or misleading. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, do your really think a post from Charles about the “new” sneak command in the v1.1 patch released in June is not outdated? And you think that saying that the “the sneak command now behaves more like a move to contact” in December is not misleading?!? Somehow this does not surprise me…

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>> But, your posts are worthless. They add absolutely nothing to the discussion at hand.

If so, then why were you holding a discussion with me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My God! There may be hope for you yet! This makes sense! I bow to your wisdom on this.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 12-27-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Scott wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The point I was trying to make was that continuing in the same thread to spout the same old mantra of “do a search” over and over is tantamount to spam as it has no worth or bearing on the current discussion.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And so is purposefully bashing someone over and over again, line by line. As they say, it takes two to tango, but thankfully only one to lock up a thread frown.gif

Steve