Opponent surrenders --> DRAW

It looks like the flag points have too much weight in cases like this one.

If you still have to put forces around flag area but have decimated your opponent to the point his troops are eithe fleeing the field or are captured on the spot flags should be less important or am I wrong?

I guess in case opponent surrenders you HAVE all the flags by default, especially when there are still plenty of turns to go (some 30+).

Should this be fixed or not?

PS

It is not just to see the AAR reporting victory: when your opponent can't do anything but surrender both of you know who accomplished the mission.

yeah..i had that happen too..i just assume..u needed to make it to the flag for whatever reason...perhaps u absolutely needed to get there to relieve some troops bunkered up or whatever...i've also completely decimated the German forces..say 96 troops, 16 vehicles 4 guns killed..vs my 36/4/1 killed and still was a draw...i guess its really important to pay attention to the objectives. It must be hard to coordinate scoring so i'll just go with it smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fox:

yeah..i had that happen too..i just assume..u needed to make it to the flag for whatever reason...perhaps u absolutely needed to get there to relieve some troops bunkered up or whatever...i've also completely decimated the German forces..say 96 troops, 16 vehicles 4 guns killed..vs my 36/4/1 killed and still was a draw...i guess its really important to pay attention to the objectives. It must be hard to coordinate scoring so i'll just go with it smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say that applies moslty to playing the AI: it is not going to surrender tham most of the battle still has to be fought, IMHO.

If you have 50 turns and by the 20th your human opponent is decimated, you are maybe 2 turns away for settling firmly on the flag area but BANG: your opponent surrenders: DRAW>

I guess it easily becomes an easy way for the losing side to obtain a DRAW.

If the opponent surrenders, I think you get all of the flags automatically.

Now, if you both call for a cease fire, the flags go to whomever is actually holding them. That being the case, don't have a ceasefire called for if your kicking your opponent off the field...