Crazy Quick Battle

Played a QB with SS vs. US Armor. Environment was a town in Large Hills at night with clear skies. This is where things get crazy. The map generated was a pretty normal town setup except for a gigantic pyramid of pavement in the middle of the town square! eek.gif We're talking as tall as any building in town! It made for one hell of a tank duel.

PS If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of seeing what a flamethrower carrier can do to a town, you are REALLY missing out. biggrin.gif

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion www.siteonsound.com

[This message has been edited by RobVarak (edited 06-23-2000).]

I've had at least one Quick Battle where there were some...well, strange map anomalies, I believe. One was a Wooden Bunker that was pretty much intersected with a house, and one was a German Pak 40 that was placed in a foxhole behind a house, but aimed straight through the same structure, so that half the gun was inside it (I know that the graphic representation is somewhat different from the actual game engine tracking of such things, but this gun also seemed to be firing as though the house weren't there...) On the other hand, the Quick Battle generator is our friend. It keeps up endlessly amused, saving all the designed scenarios for blind PBEMs (otherwise, I'd never have the will-power).

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 06-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

and one was a German Pak 40 that was placed in a foxhole behind a house, but aimed straight through the same structure, so that half the gun was inside it (I know that the graphic representation is somewhat different from the actual game engine tracking of such things, but this gun also seemed to be firing as though the house weren't there...)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually not very unrealistic, because the PaK team might really use high explosives to blow a good, well covered fire sector through a house. But I guess the game doesn't model that kind of things.