A Feature That Lit' Me Up!

Steven & Charles,

What can I say? I was absolutely shocked eek.gif , then amazed cool.gif and then thrilled biggrin.gif when the following happened during my first shot at CE on the Gold Demo...

I'm the US, and have occupied the farm houses on the left and woods on the right. The Germans are trying to ease up to the edge of the woods on the "big" hill to place MG's, schrecks, etc. Unfortunately for one compact group of them, they get mercilessly shelled by my 3 remaining Shermans (all Stugs are finished), .30 and .50 caliber MG teams and 60mm mortars and infantry squads, all within about a 20-30m square. And then...

...halfway through the turn...THE FOREST CATCHES ON FIRE! eek.gif Germans run out of the forest right down the bare slope of the hill for about 20m before turning to find a way back to safety!

Unbelievable! I have seen the preview pics of flamethrowers and FT tanks with the ground and buildings on fire, but I have NEVER seen the woods spontaneously ignite from tracers and HE rounds! Awesome! Absolutely awesome!

Forgive me if this feature was in the demo, or already widely known, but I think it is simply amazing detail to add to an already amazingly detailed game! Thanks! smile.gif

A (stunned) Steve C.

Yeah, wait til the backblast from your 'zook or 'schreck sets your wooden building on fire.

Some details kind of suck. frown.gif

Losing units sucks, too mad.gif .

But losing them the way they really got lost- ah, that's CM biggrin.gif . When's the last time an AI made you go "ah, s&@*!" and pray for reinforcement?