test

Ca va bien? Ca fait longue temps que tu as ecrive un article au Games Domain concernant le manque de manouvre dans les jeux de guerre. Est ce que CM a vous donner ce que tu as chercher?

(tranlation: he asks about my Games Domain article some timeago regretting the lack of the role of maneuver in computer wargames)

-----------------

CM does give a fair amount of leeway for maneuver in some scenarios; for a game of its scale, it`s about as good as one could expect. A good example is the Wittman scenario (Villers-bocage), where the key to winning the scenario is to forego the historical movement, and to do it in an optimum manner that is not obvious.

Il est encore trop tot pour un jugement definitif sur Combat Mission.

've enjoyed your AAR's on csipgs-h. It'd be great if you'd post a couple over on the "scenario-talk" board, along with the usual "spoiler" note.

Yes, especially if I can`t get this newsgroup on my home cable modem setup and have to post them from work. I promise I`ll post one here eventually.

I noted that some people post pictures here; is it accepted and how does one do it? Can they be compressed with JPG?

BTW, how does one put a quote from another message into a reply here with the original author`s name shown?

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>By the way Henri, how do you like TOAW? Do you feel it's igo ugo turn based

nature is modified enough to give you a sense of manouver at the operational

level?.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's kind of a love-hate relationship: most scenarios are too big and are too much like slugging matches, maneuver is not well modeled nor encouraged by the game and so on.But it has no competition for large-scale operational warfare. Putting in the ability to transfer command to the PO would be a gret progress; in many scenarios, bu the time I have given orders to half my units, I have forgotten which orders I have given to the first.

Anyway, in recent times, I have been to busy playing Combat Mission, Age of Kings, Shogun, Warlords Battlecry, SWAT3 and a few others to play any TOAW...

Henri