Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

A Wish

I am totally amazed with CM, a fantastic and enjoyable game. I do have on comment. Although i am still learning the ins and outs of the game, am i correct in stating that there is absolutely no way to locate an individual squad on the battlefield. I would really like to be able to call up a roster screen that shows the status of all units in a table, and also allows the ability to highlight a unit and go to it on the map. This is particularly true in large scenerios. I was being totally demolished by the germans in a recent large (75 turn) scenerio and really would have benefited by knowing if i had any artillery spotters available without having to highlight every unit. Would really appreciate any comments.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T34Rules:

I am totally amazed with CM, a fantastic and enjoyable game. I do have on comment. Although i am still learning the ins and outs of the game, am i correct in stating that there is absolutely no way to locate an individual squad on the battlefield. I would really like to be able to call up a roster screen that shows the status of all units in a table, and also allows the ability to highlight a unit and go to it on the map. This is particularly true in large scenerios. I was being totally demolished by the germans in a recent large (75 turn) scenerio and really would have benefited by knowing if i had any artillery spotters available without having to highlight every unit. Would really appreciate any comments.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no roster in the game. You can use + and - keys to move to each unit on the screen, but this can be tedious. Do a search on "roster" if you would like to find out the reasons for and agaist having one. The roster issue has been thoroughly discussed.

Theron

No there is not. You can use the + - keys to cycle through the units. Also I find that taking away the trees (see hotkeys-shift T on Mac) and bumping units up in size (shft c) allows me to quickly find such units- I go to level 2-3 and fly the board. Also if the FO's are in the midst of a firemission, cycling through show movement/targets (shift p) also helps locate them as well.

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86