Combat Mission = Close Combat 3D ?

Even though I dont yet have the game, ive noticed dozens of similarities between these two great games, notably in the command interface. Now im not saying that CM totally ripped the CC series off or anything, because CM is obviosly very original. I actually think that its better that some game developers integrated different types of gameplay that proved to work with new ideas to make a fantastic game(CM) than a company that continues to make the same game over and over, just set in a different theatre of war(atomic games and CC).

I predict that CM will bump CC off the tactical throne (if it hasnt allready done so) because 3D is infinitely more appealing than 2D. It may be too late for Atomic to get a clue.

So what do you think?

Hello Joe and welcome to our collective. Sorry but I disagree with you regarding CM and CC. They don't even come close. Once you get the full ver. you will see why. John Kitter wrote up something regarding this game that hits home. In my opinion John submitted the best post regarding CM ever in this forum. CC was like having a Flintstone vehicle. Once you get CM you will be riding a Mercedes-Benz.

sniperscope

In all fairness, CC models down to the individual man and is really a fun/action type game that excels at infantry type battles. Throw in 251 halftracks with 300mm rockets and panthers doing the CC spin and its a loser.

CM models things differently and is really a true wargame with a novel 3D movie atmosphere. CM is more ASL than CC IMO.