Quango/Howard--concerning your CC/CM thread.

Trying to convince the huge fan base of this game of your arguments is like trying to convince all of the people in Times Square last December 31st that the new Millenium doesn't really start until January 1, 2001.

Not going to happen, dude.

And the answer to the Millenium question is that TIME is not measured in whole numbers. Whole numbers being numbers that start out like: 1..2..3..4..5..etc. Time however is measured in real numbers. That is numbers that have fractional amounts. For every measurement of time, whether it be a millenium, century, decade, year, month, week, day, hour, minute, or second, there is always a smaller or fraction of that previous divisor. And real numbers include ZERO.

For example, take a year. It is divided into 12 months, each consisting of ~30 days, each consisting of ~4 weeks, and each consisting of 7 days. So now, a week after Jan. 1, it is just no longer say, 2000, it is 2000.019. The decimal equivalent of 1/52. Hence the Stardate system used in Star Trek.

And since real numbers include zero. The year 1990 was the start of the 90's. It was not a part of the '80's. So I'll be damned if the year 2000 is still a part of the '90's.

But anyway, sorry for the off-topic analogy, but I mearly provided the proof behind my anology.

So to convince the CM community, let alone BTS, of your suggestions of real-time play and "niche" gaming, (whatever the hell that means :rolleyes smile.gif is ludicrous.

------------------

Be sure and check out my texture mods on CMHQ.

Dave "Ol' Blood & Maximus Butticus" Molinarolo

Anybody who has ever considered the possibility of representing a squad with 12 graphical guys or thought about a uninturupted CM game is not a real wargamer and should go back to playing chutes and ladders. :P

After playing for awile a guy gets used to CM and then awile after that it all makes sense. It is a rough transition from CC to CM. Give the guy a break. If you cant stand his intolerable assertions, dont read his posts. smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>So to convince the CM community, let alone BTS, of your suggestions of real-time play and "niche" gaming, (whatever the hell that means :rolleyes is ludicrous.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say this is pretty much on target. If we took a pole here, I bet 90% would NOT want CM to be RTS. If we went ahead and made one anyway, I bet that 9% of that 10% would hate it and ask for us to go back to turnbased. We might pick up a few more gamers, but would be so far down in sales that we would be out of business. Why? Because making CM realtime is just a horrible, not well informed, and totally not thought out idea.

Time to close this one up. Although this only comes up once in a blue moon, and is generally only a one man crusade, it is pretty tiring to go through since there appears to be little to really discuss.

Steve