Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The story of an odd ambush...

Last night I was playing Reisberg as Germans, against the AI. I had the SMG squad/HQ/'schreck group down by the road waiting in ambush. I see this lone MG team trotting merrily towards the ambush marker, about 30m from my guys. Its only available support is a buttoned (I love that sharpshooter, he got a clean sweep of the TCs) Sherman about 60m away, turned 90 degrees from my men. I expected to nail the Sherman and the MG with few to no losses. Well, my guys popped up to open fire, the SMG squad and HQ going after the MG and the schreck targeting the Sherman. Textbook perfect, right? Unfortunately no... the first shot off was the Sherman machinegunning my troops! It killed 6 of the SMG squad in a single burst, before any of them could fire. Then the MG and Sherman wiped out the rest of my men in 10 seconds flat. Final score - Germans 1, Americans 14. The HQ got off one shot before being annihilated by the Sherman's second MG burst, which accounted for the one casualty to the MG team. Meanwhile the schreck team managed to miss with its one shot - quite a doozy, went 200+ meters and almost 45 degrees off target. The next turn was impressive, I got mad and ordered both 88s to shoot that one Sherman, two direct hits in the space of a second. Then both guns were knocked out by a total of 5 shots from the two other Shermans with LOS. <sigh> Some days nothing goes right...

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?