BTS, I see we have some new textures in the POTD

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Lookin' good. Hope they won't hurt frame rate. I'm mainly talking about the 3D movement/command/target lines.

Thought I'd start a thread that didn't trash, flame a potential CM customer wink.gif

Thank you very much... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 02-10-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

Hmmm havent blown up a stone building yet, I will have to check that out. The lines are..ummm sorta well its kinda hard to describe them, they arent purely FLAT anymore...Umm you will just have to wait and see them for youreselves once I get my next New Feature ready on CMHQ which will highlight these and some other incidental graphical improvements....Coming Soon!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

It would be cool if the rubble had a bit of 3D aspect to it. Like if some parts of the walls were still standing to a point. Question is does the engine already model a "defense" modifier when a unit is in a rubble tile?

My understanding is that partial walls, chimneys and stuff won't be modelled in v1.0. Don't ask them why, cuz they'll get angry and tell you to do a search on wombats or something wink.gif

------------------

Floreat Jerboa !

Guest Big Time Software

The lines are actually 3D smile.gif picture a prism with no bottom. Two planes with a wide base and a common point. We never liked the look of the "flat" lines before, but it took a while to get down to fixing the look smile.gif

We aren't putting in any 3D rubble effects because it would require reworking the building code. Since this is a top priority for CM2 we decided that it would be a waste of our precious time to hack in something at this late stage. All good things come to those who wait biggrin.gif

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

We aren't putting in any 3D rubble effects because it would require reworking the building code. Since this is a top priority for CM2 we decided that it would be a waste of our precious time to hack in something at this late stage. All good things come to those who wait biggrin.gif

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good enough, appreciate your cander Steve, like Judge Mills Lane would say. smile.gif

I thought I remember something back in anearlier post about that. It'd be cool to do something like Panzer Elite in its modeling of building damage, but I understand that would take, like you say, to re-matrix the building walls.

However, sometime later though in a patch, would it be possible to at least change the wall graphics to show "battle damage", or would that be too much trouble and not worth the addition to gameplay? 'Cause my friend keeps asking about that when we play a Hot Seat game.