FO tanks?

Guest Germanboy

When you design a scenario, just put in a tank with no ammo, and give the side an FOO. Et voila. Other than that, I am not sure whether it is really worth the hassle to program specific FOO tanks in.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Michael emrys

Not only that, but it needs reprogrmming so that FOs have an LOS from a vehicle. At present they don't. Seems to me that a T8 would make a near-ideal FO vehicle.

Michael

Guest Germanboy

I understand the advantages of having a tank, but would it really be worth the time needed to code it? After all, Charles could be sitting there and code something else at the same time.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Michael emrys

Of course that is always a consideration and the answer cannot be arrived at without knowing how much effort is involved or what else is on the schedule to be done. We can only make suggestions and requests. It is up to BTS to evaluate them and decide which goes on "the list".

Michael

This is something I've wanted since the first time I discovered that I had to dismount my OP from its HT or bren carrier just to be allowed to target anything.OP tanks (which were fairly common in British units, not sure about any where else) and allowing OP carriers etc would be a nice touch

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Not only that, but it needs reprogrmming so that FOs have an LOS from a vehicle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it doesn't. It's the vehicle (crew) that is the FO.

What we need is a new vehicle with the main gun removed and replaced with an off map artillery affiliation (for each type of off map non mortar artillery).

Graphic representation will be the standard tank with 75mm gun, since the OP tanks had wooden mock-up guns.

So when purchasing artillery you can chose to have, let's say, either a 25pdr artillery spotter team or a 25pdr artillery OP Sherman, the later at a slightly higher cost ...

Cheers

Olle