Pushing disabled vehicle

Was reading some posts about the AI pushing disabled vehicles out of the way. How do I do that as a player? Also in a recent post someone said that they didn't have any luck trying to push an immobile M4 to a better firing position. Why not?

------------------

Rick614

Guest PeterNZ

wow.. pushing an imobile vehicle around, cool idea. seriously don't think you'd be able to push it more than a few meters tho, because with the tracks not moving and stuff it would surely just dig itself into a hole..

possibly because beta-demo isn't as fully functional as full release?

PeterNZ

You can push vehicles out of the way if they are in your path (surely everyone has seen the tiger push dead vehicles out of the way as it uses the road in LD), but you cannot push your own disabled vehicles to better firing positions in my experience. If you try, the AI will adjust the path to drive around the stricken vehicle. I think the AItreats a stricken (live) vehicle differently than a dead vehicle.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Guest Big Time Software

Bingo. Honestly, I can't remember if there are any circumstances where you can push a friendly immobilized vehicle, but if there are it is only because there is NO other option. You certainly can't order something to push a friendly vehicle for exactly the reason Rick mentioned. Nudging a friendly vehicle along to a better position is not realistic as in real life the nudging vehicle (unless it was MUCH bigger) would likely suffer some sort of mechanical difficulty and/or damage the vehicle being pushed. So this is a feature to simply unblock a path and only that.

Steve