CM engine for the "Age of Rifles" period

I'd love to see them do this period in history!

I played Age of Rifles to death. I only recently deleted it from my hard drive.

The Napoleonic era would also be nice.

And maybe CM9 could be 18th Century warfare! CM's scale would work well with many French and Indian War engagements.

Oh the possibilites!

[This message has been edited by Spine (edited 10-24-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson44dday:

Or maybe even a braveheart type of era.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If BTS ever models men in kilts, I pray they yank the unbutton command.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I would also love to see all eras of warfare potrayed with this superior 3D platform...perhaps as BTS grows(inevitable),

and is picked up by a big league manufacturer/distributer...they can afford to hire additional programming teams for these projects.

----as for the kilt remark above...i would imagine it would take more of a man to kill someone face to face with a metal stick, kilt or no kilt, than plink them from 300 yards with a rifle, or bomb them from orbit...but anyways knowing BTS' penchant for historical accuracy, kilts should be no obstacle, cause they werent actualy worn untill several hundred years after the Braveheart period

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scortchus:

and is picked up by a big league manufacturer/distributer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't look for this to happen anytime soon. Read the BTS Manifesto for clarification, there's a link to it on the main site.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I had a dream last week that the CM engine was adapted to Napoleonics. The scale was changed to 10 min turns and the units were regiments, but it was still CM.

It was also true 3D. The players were playing it on a tabletop like a miniatures comp. You can do that kind of weird stuff in dreams, but I doubt that even Charles will be able to code that.

Guest MantaRay

Well dream your dreams folks. I think they have mapped out their plans for games for atleast 6 years or so.

The only themes outside of WWII I think they would do is CW era, as they have already done them with another company before getting tired of the corporate life and writing the manifesto.

For them to range into other eras of war, it may give them too much to absorb in their brains and they may explode. While they are most capable of doing any type of wargame, the time it takes for them to research it will be a lot of downtime for them...and us too. They seem to be a tad bit of perfectionists, so who knows.

Personally I think it would be great to see this game engine with Major H's TacOps. Imagine Tac Ops with the look of CM...only the maps would have to be quite a bit bigger.

It is good to dream, but my dream is just of them getting CM2 completed.

Ray

[This message has been edited by MantaRay (edited 10-31-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian Rock:

I had a dream last week that the CM engine was adapted to Napoleonics. The scale was changed to 10 min turns and the units were regiments, but it was still CM<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 minute turns would be perfect. It might seem a long time to sit and watch your orders play out...but this was a slower-paced war, and if the scale was large, there would always be something interesting going on.

I would much rather have a Civil War game than a Napoleonic one, I have to mention.