Any way to Turn off passwords?

Is there any way to turn off your passwords required for loading a file? Or to change your password during a game? That way you could set the password to nothing, to put a movie file out for people to view without them having to enter a password.

Scott

Guest Big Time Software

You can just enter a blank password at the beginning. Then all you need to do is press ENTER at the password screen from then on.

No way to change it after the fact though. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Charles

Guest Simon

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

You can just enter a blank password at the beginning. Then all you need to do is press ENTER at the password screen from then on.

No way to change it after the fact though. I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A minor nit pick but it's kind of a standard that entering no password (hitting enter) in most software, tells it not to ask for the (non-exitent) password from then on (for that file/instance). Any way this could be added?

------------------

Simon

http://members.tripod.com/~sjuncal/ammodump/

I think one thing you guys are overlooking are cheaters.

A sad state to be sure.. But they are out there. Not using a password and/or having it not prompt for one is opening all your PBEM turns to the guy you are playing. Now if you only play with one or two people you trust this might be ok. But for the majority of us it isn't.

I find it just as easy to use really simple passwords, and I usually use the same on for several on going games. With the time it takes a PBEM game to be played, I don't find typing in a couple more letters a day to be very time consuming.

From signing on to the net.

opening mail

downloading the file

playing the turn

saving the game

zipping the file

sending it back of thru the mail

waiting another day for it to come back.

The time it takes to type in something like "cat". Just doesn't seem like a big deal.

Lorak

P.S. no, cat isn't being used in any of my games.. smile.gif

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring