PBEM Expectations?

Guest OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

Guest OberGrupenStompinFeuhrer

Achtung alles Lookenpeepers!

I am involved in my first PBEM (VoT)with a friend who is playing the game for the first time. Depite the obvious advantages this may afford me, I am finding that the game is progressing quite slowly. We have played three evenings for about three hours each night, and only gotten through six moves.

I guess this is something I can find out by experience, but I was wondering what the usual "rate of play" is? I would be hoping to turn moves around in about 10 minutes or less - from the time the email arrives to when the file is sent back out. Is this unrealistic? Is one or two moves an evening more the norm? What is the usual experience?

Thanking you humbly for your attention... grovel, mumble, mumble, smrrfff.....

------------------

"They are coming on in the same old way."

"Yes, and we shall meet them in the same old way!"

Depending on how long each player takes to complete a move and/or watch the vid, it's feasible to do 10min turnabouts easy. At times duing the game, one or both players will take a while longer to try to 'recover' smile.gif

Guest Captain Foobar

Hey Ober, (Love the handle by the way..)

yeah, me and my wife, we pbem 3 times a week minimum, at least that's what I tell the guys...We used to pbem 5 nights a week, but I've just been so stressed out from work and all....

Seriously though, the best friend to CM PBEM is the program ICQ...instant file transfer( as long as both parties stay online), and you can chat in between. I find that the standard email delays can be pretty annoying.

I am sure that there is an "icq.com" that you can download the software from..It is so easy that even I can do it.....

It really depends. At times I may take 15 or more minutes on a turn. By staying online, and using ICQ (as previously mentioned) you should be able tomake 3 or more e-mail swaps an hour.That's an average of 10 minutes per swap per player. Some take more, some take less.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Guest Username:

I can play the AI and stomp it in a about an hour.

I email and turn turns around in 5 minutes. I have played 1 turn a day guys (yawn) and they get crushed slowly.

Want a full time great email game? email me and I will bumrush you and win.

Lewis

[This message has been edited by Username: (edited 05-26-2000).]