Op. Sealion, very nice!!!spoiler!!!

Guest Rommel22

Guest Rommel22

I got a say, this operation is the best one I seen so far. i have to congratulate Miyamoto Musashi.

I love the way you split the maps, it feels like I am actually advancing trhough Britian. from the coast and further inland. How did you do that?

Anyway i got up to the third map, with medium casulties, but I think i killed every single Brit and Amis.

The first battle is awesome, knocking out the guns and so on, feels like an actual mission and battle plan, not just a firefight. In the first battle I only suffered 8 killed.

The forest fights in the second map are also very good. Those pesky stuarts do get anyoing, but my shrecks and panzers took care of them fast.

I got to the third map, haven't started playing yet, but I already control the huge town, and the map looks wonderful. looks like another country-side fight coming up.

Just awesome operation!!!

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

I love the way you split the maps, it feels like I am actually advancing trhough Britian. from the coast and further inland. How did you do that?

Anyway i got up to the third map, with medium casulties, but I think i killed every single Brit and Amis.

The first battle is awesome, knocking out the guns and so on, feels like an actual mission and battle plan, not just a firefight. In the first battle I only suffered 8 killed.

The forest fights in the second map are also very good. Those pesky stuarts do get anyoing, but my shrecks and panzers took care of them fast.

I got to the third map, haven't started playing yet, but I already control the huge town, and the map looks wonderful. looks like another country-side fight coming up.

Just awesome operation!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to me to get praise from the Desert Fox smile.gif

As far as my map splitting, I'm not sure what you mean that I did, but at least the end result worked... I meant to make it feel as though you were working your way inland. The trees get thicker, the terrain more diverse.

The same thing could be said about the level of opposition, but that's all I'll say about that biggrin.gif

But again, thanks for the good (initial) review... I think anyone who hasn't tried it would enjoy this one to some degree, especially the first phase, which I tried to make unique and different while still keeping it tactically challenging and interesting.

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Guest Rommel22

Everyone should try this op, it's the best out there.

By the map splitting I mean. In every battle it's a different map. How is that possible. did you just make a huge map, and than in the parameter menu, did you change the countours or how bog the maps are or, what did you do??

------------------

From the Das Reich book as said by a German soldier

"when the Russians reached us, we opened fire, the first wave had no weapons.

The second wave didn't either (fire fodder). The 3rd and 4th had weapons and opened fire on us.

By this time we were low on ammo, but we drove them back."

Ok, I understand a little more now smile.gif Well, without giving too much away, the map is fairly big. It's designed to be a quick, long push overland. But the individual battle parameters restrict the map to a fairly small size, relative to the actual overall map. This, combined with the fact that the early battles are designed to be easy as the Brits and Americans prepare their real defensive lines after their initial confusion, means that at least for the first several battles the map will be very dynamic and change each time. I won't say any more about that until I know you've finished this op, but without giving too much away... the map may stop changing so radically each time if you happen to run into an Allied attempt at a counterattack. biggrin.gif

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.