Operation vs. AI Over Fast

I wanted to try an operation out against the AI (and save the rest for double-blind), so I play the first 15 turns, and BLAMMO, the AI surrenders!

The after-action report showed we lost similar numbers of vehicles and men, and the AI actually had more medium tanks than I did (I was on the attack)!

How common is that, in any your experiences?

I even counted exactly how many men each unit had because I wanted to see how many replacements I'd get.

What year and month were you playing in? If you were playing against the Axis forces in late 1945 then prehaps they were made up of mostly conscript/green troops. Therefore they would surrender at any sign of loss.

von Manstein

You play one operation and base your entire judgement on that?

Try it again! Maybe this time the AI will try something different, and you won't be so lucky.

Or maybe you're just that good. The AI is much better than most games' AI, but it still can't approach the level a good human can play at.

Regardless, try it again.

Dar

This is exactly the problem I had, except the other way around. There's a thread open -- "BTS -- help etc...".

I think there's something wacky going on with how the AI decides victory conditions. At very least, this criteria is not well communicated.

Sage

Guest MantaRay

I just finished a 3 day Operation that you should try, called Viller Bocage. Play as Germans and I promise you with all that is going on you won't be getting a surrender until the last day.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Big Time Software

Aacooper and Sage,

Nope, nothing wrong with the game, just your playing ability. You both did too good smile.gif If you advance a significant force to the edge of the map you basically win. As for the lack of feedback, you guys are right that there should be at least a one liner in the Operation AAR to tell you why the Op ended. This won't go into the 1.02 patch but it just made the list for whatever might come after that.

Steve