PBEM problem - Rynuan99 DON´T READ

Guest jocke

Hi

I just wanted to know if anybody here on the board has experienced my problem. You see when i press go the game generates the textfile but then the game freezes up with (ping noise). as i said the textfile is generated but i am not sure it is ok, i just send my opponent the file. This is the first time the game does that.

I tested several different ordercombinations and it seems that the game locks up when i have issued an ambush-order.

This is my first PBEM!

Hmmm

I have that problem all the time...

and the ambush comment... now that I think about it, all of the games it start's happening in are games where I have ambushes set up (and seeing as I do that in almost all my games... that would be why they all don't work)...

all I do is hit escape and the pbem text file seems fine...

but this is the first time I've heard of a connection to the Ambush command... and I could easily believe that...

I think I'm going to try and pay more attention now... see if that is indeed what is causing the program to hang.

-EridanMan

Yepp!

I just tried it a couple of more times.

Twise, all i did was to set up an ambush marker with one squad targeting it and BANG!! LOCKUP when hitting "go".

I really hope that what you say is true, that the file isn´t corrupted, that is.

This is not a problem in either hotseat nor singleplayer.

don't worry, the file's not corrupted...

Trust me, I've played dozens of games pbem.. (ok, only about a dozen) and I have 5 of going right now, 3 of which lockup when I hit go.

BTS- I assume you know about this already, I'd like to just confirm its been fixed wink.gif

-EridanMan

There were a few bugs in the PBEM games tied to certain commands and combinations of commands etc.

Unfortunately they sometimes crop up and bite you in the a**... However, everything that has been spotted has been fixed.

Best thing to say is sorry if they're occuring to you. IF you think they're tied to ambush then don't use it (I know its not a good workaround but the beta demo's 4 months old now ya know?) and just hang on in there for the Gold Demo.