Amazing Tac-AI at work in Reisberg

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I was playing a Hot-Seat game with my friend last night and the most amazing Tac-AI execution took place.

First of all, my friend played the Germans. He had placed/moved the "in-town" 88 up a block or so next to the 2nd house from the edge of town. I was getting extremely lucky, for I had not lost one Sherman. Oh he was getting hits, but no killing shots. Even an 88 hit from the gun up on the hill ricocheted. Couldn't believe it!

Anyway, I had sent 3 of my Shermans up to the left side of town, simular to how the AAR PBEM game started. Once I got them in town, I was going to send one Sherman around the back side of the 88 by snaking around the backside of the house. Then as my Sherman came around the backside of the house it started shooting its machineguns. The 88 started turning around. Now this is where the Tac-AI did it's number. Upon seeing the 88 turning, the Sherman suddenly slammed it into reverse and backed-up through the alley and turned in between two houses. It was the damnest thing I ever saw!

------------------

"I want you to remember that...no bastard ever won a war...by dying for his country...He won it...by making the other poor dumb bastard...die for his country."--George S. Patton

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Nope, just then I had my reinforcement plattoon move into the building kaddy-corner across the street from the gun, and they ate it up with small-arms fire, since the rear vulnerable side of the 88 was exposed.

I would like to add to this by saying that blood & guts was the luckyes SOB that day! To Bad that my Elite volks groups where not haveing a good day or the Americans would have Rude the day they even saw Gremany!!! HAHAHAHAHA <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Nope, just then I had my reinforcement plattoon move into the building kaddy-corner across the street from the gun, and they ate it up with small-arms fire, since the rear vulnerable side of the 88 was exposed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

I was getting extremely lucky, for I had not lost one Sherman. Oh he was getting hits, but no killing shots. Even an 88 hit from the gun up on the hill ricocheted. Couldn't believe it!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those hits I was receiving were like "Track hit, no serious damage" & "Side upper hull penetration, no serious damage". Those hits were mainly coming from Panzerfausts. Track hit did come from Panzerschreck Team though I think. Just got lucky there, though.

But yeah, the way that Sherman "got the hell outta Dodge" was something wild! biggrin.gif

------------------

"I want you to remember that...no bastard ever won a war...by dying for his country...He won it...by making the other poor dumb bastard...die for his country."--George S. Patton