False Ubiquity of 88's?

Guest Big Time Software

You are both forgetting one important aspect of the Boom/Crack debate. The ending! Something like:

crack-boom-bang-HOLY CRAP SARGE!-WHAT?-HOLY CRAP, 88s!-WHAT?

smile.gif

Steve

You forgot..

Boy Wonder declares: "Holy High-Velocity Caped Crusader, We never knew what hit us!"

(Peaceful sense of humors restoring all around)

Lewis

PS (Batman always gets last words..)

Yes my caped cohort..it was a (draw breath).. 88. Cunningly evil German multipurposed weapons I'm afraid Robin.. BACK TO THE BAT BUNKER!!!

Don't be too hard on Ambrose for his "Panthers with 88s" error. It's easy to miss errors during proofreading. In one discussion here on great war movies, I praised "Zulu" and then placed it in the Boer War rather than in the earlier Zulu War. I caught the error and corrected it, but not before someone had read my reply and pointed out my mistake.

In his "Flight of the Old Dog" novel, Dale Brown had a synchronous satellite over the north pole! I'd bet Brown, a former USAF pilot, realizes synchronous satellites have to be over the equator, but the error still got past him and his editor.

As another mea culpa, I also posted a plea for CM in Korea in which I claimed there were no landings to simulate. I obviously forgot Inchon, though had I said "opposed landings" I might have got away with it.